2020 IEX ARC.IO
Call for Proposals
This fall, IEX ARC is going virtual.
Last year, the inaugural IEX Academic Research Conference (ARC) brought together market structure researchers and market participants for a day of discussion and ideation around breakthrough equity market structure research – research that is made possible given access to and understanding of market data. This fall, IEX ARC returns... but as “ARC.IO”: an academic conference fully centered on the theme of market data and its importance for academic research.
In part in response to the pandemic, ARC.IO will not be a standard academic conference. First, ARC.IO will be fully virtual. Second, ARC.IO will host presentations that are not necessarily full-fledged research papers. Rather, IEX is inviting proposals from market structure researchers to discuss their research experience with market data: how to obtain it, how to handle it, how to understand it, how to use it, or any other aspect of using market data in market structure research. Of course, research papers that study or incorporate market data are suitable as well. Finally, we also welcome proposals to discuss the difficulty of obtaining or working with market data, including potential unsuccessful efforts.
The presentations will last 25 minutes + 5 minutes of Q&A, and we ask that you send brief proposals or extended abstracts to email@example.com.
Event Dates: Thursday Nov. 19 to Friday Nov. 20, 2020 (times TBA)
Submission Deadline: Sep. 11, 2020, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Notification of Acceptance: Oct. 15, 2020
Topics of interest
We welcome submission of any proposals or extended abstracts around market data and its use in market structure research. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Telling the data story of a research project involving a unique dataset
- Telling the story of how better access to data impacted a literature along the years
- Motivated calls for better data / transparency in specific areas
- Major roadblocks in obtaining market data, unsuccessful efforts
- Tips and tricks for analyzing popular/well-known datasets
- Market data normalization, standardization, cleaning, pre-processing
- Methods for analyzing market data
- Market data visualization
- Computational aspects of working with large market datasets
- Unique datasets, publicizing under-utilized datasets (such as regulatory, scraping, etc.)
- Research papers on the market for market data
Submissions will be judged based on criteria such as quality, novelty, methodology, and relevance.
Please submit your abstract or proposal in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should not exceed 2 pages in length, and should include author names, title and a short abstract (which would be shared ahead of the conference).
At least one author of every accepted abstract is expected to give a short virtual presentation.Submit proposal
The conference will be free to all registered attendees. Registration details coming soon.
IEX Exchange is a U.S. stock exchange designed to provide superior execution quality and set a new standard for trading. Since launching in 2016, the exchange has grown to be one of the largest exchange operators globally, by notional value traded. To learn more about IEX Exchange and other IEX businesses visit iextrading.com or search IEX.